Since 2008, the Speaker Series has provided an informative platform for community conversations.
Breakfast Panel Discussion:
Overcoming Barriers: A Conversation with Women who Excel in Male-Dominated Professions
Friday, April 7, 2017 - 8:30a (registration) 9:00a-10:30a (panel)
Templeton Landing - 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo, NY 14202
Opportunities for women are plentiful in traditionally male-dominated fields like science, sports, labor, trades, and technology. Jobs in these arenas offer lucrative, secure and fulfilling careers. However, the challenges for women in these fields are many. In this facilitated conversation with women who have excelled in fields where men far outnumber women, we will explore the barriers women face when entering these fields, the trials at work and with career advancement, and the strategies that worked for them to overcome them. Spend the morning surrounded by inspirational women sharing their strength and wisdom through their stories! Register here.
"CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap" film screening has been postponed -- check back for the rescheduled date.
- Dream, Girl film screening (watch the trailer here)
Followed by a conversation about female entrepreneurship facilitated by Sabina Ramsey
- Barriers and Bias Research Report Release and Panel on Women in Leadership
Download the full report and watch the summary video HERE
- Reinventing Yourself in the Land of Opportunities - Sponsored by: Workforce Development Institute
Moderator: Amber Dixon, Buffalo Center for Arts and Technology
Panelists: Shandra Spicer, Spicer Group; Liz Callahan, Buffalo Niagara Partnership; Colleen Heidinger, 43 North
- Blueprint to Success: Building your Personal Business Plan
Presenter: Rita Markle, Chief Learning Officer at Performance Management Partners, Inc.
- Trailblazers: Determination Meets Inspiration!
Moderator: Jackie Culliton, Retired Sr. VP, First Niagara Bank
Panelists: Michele Trolli, Executive VP and Chief Information Officer, M&T Bank; Lisa Wilson, Executive Sports Editor, The Buffalo News
2014 Events Presented by M&T Bank
- Senator Kirstin Gillibrand
Thank you to the Uniland and Alex and Michael Montante for underwriting this event
- A Community Conversation and Call to Action around "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg
- Unequal Pay for Equal Work: What does it mean for you and your community?
NYS Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples-Stokes, NYS Senator Tim Kennedy and Belmont Housing Resource's Karyn Hausknecht
Prior to above, a range of public events
including speakers and panels on the following topics:
- Financial literacy education and asset building
- Pathways to Progress Report
- Low Wage Jobs for Single
- Future of
- Value of Women as
- Twitter, Tweens and
Teens - Cyber Bulling, Friending, Sexting, Facebook, Blogging and Photo Sharing
- Political Issues & Advocacy
- State of the Buffalo Public School System